Who we are and where to find us
Urology is a surgical specialty which specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the urinary tract including kidneys, bladder and prostate. We treat both benign conditions e.g kidney stones, tight foreskin and malignant conditions e.g. prostate, bladder, kidney or testicular cancer. We look after adult patients of both sexes.
Information and about us
There are a variety of reasons for which you may be referred to the service for example: blood in urine, blood in semen, flank pain suggestive of kidney stone, urinary tract infection, erectile dysfunction, tight foreskin, raise count for prostate blood test (PSA), testicular lump etc. To read more about these symptoms, please visit our British Association of Urological Surgeons website at https://www.baus.org.uk/patients/conditions/
North Devon District Hospital
Main switchboard on 01271 322577
One Stop Haematuria Clinic Booking Office - 01392 406285
Bladder and Bowel Care - 01392 402142
Where to find us
You will normally be referred to the service by a healthcare professional e.g. GP, and you will be seen in one of our outpatient clinics. The outpatient clinics are held at North Devon District Hospital, Bideford, Holsworthy, Ilfracombe and South Molton Community Hospitals.
RD&E Wonford, Barrack Rd, Exeter EX2 5DW
One Stop Haematuria Clinic - Endoscopy Unit (Level 2, Area N)
Clinical measurements (Level 2, Area D)
Meet the team
Our department has a specialist team of four Consultant Urologists (Mr Martin Moody, Mr Eng Ong, Mr Soumya Misra and Mr Mike Foster), two Specialty Doctors (Mr Faisal Khan and Locum Doctor), one Core Trainee, one Foundation Year-2 doctor, one Physician Associate, three Clinical Nurse Specialists, one Urology Support Nurse and a dedicated secretarial team.
We work very closely with the Eastern Urology and Oncology teams . Most of the urological conditions are seen and treated here in North Devon except a few major surgical procedures and radiotherapy which are performed in Exeter.
- Soosie Cole - Lead Nurse Bladder and Bowel Care & Functional Urology CNS
- Elaine A’Hearne - Specialist Nurse, Bladder and Bowel Care
- Kevin Churchill - Specialist Nurse, Bladder and Bowel Care
- Rebecca Kellett - Specialist Nurse, Bladder and Bowel Care
- Estelle Canniford - Assistant Nurse Practitioner, Bladder and Bowel Care
- Lisa Bradley - Assistant Nurse Practitioner, Bladder and Bowel Care
- Kerry Broad - Assistant Nurse Practitioner, Bladder and Bowel Care
- Jan Toms - Assistant Nurse Practitioner, Bladder and Bowel Care
- Miss Melanie Walton - Consultant Urologist
- Miss Angela Cottrell - Consultant Urologist
- Mr John McGrath - Consultant Urologist
- Miss Elizabeth Waine - Consultant Urologist
- Mr Brian Parsons - Consultant Urologist
- Mr Malcolm Crundwell - Consultant Urological Surgeon
- Mr Thomas Dutton - Consultant Urological Surgeon
- Mr Mark Stott - Consultant Urological Surgeon
- Mr Miles Goldstraw - Consultant Urologist and Robotic Surgeon