Medical Imaging / Radiology (X-Ray)
The Medical Imaging department, also known as Radiology, is where you'll go if you need any kind of scan or X-ray. Consultant Radiologists (doctors trained in interpreting medical images) use different kinds of technology to view the body to help diagnose, monitor or treat conditions.
- CT (Computed Tomography)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- DEXA scans (bone density)
- Interventional procedures and image-guided treatment
We have Radiology departments in both of our acute hospitals. The North Devon District Hospital has a relatively small but friendly department that also covers the radiology departments in community hospitals at Bideford and Ilfracombe and provides other imaging services in the community, such as ultrasound. The Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) has a large Medical Imaging department as well as a Nuclear Medicine department and further services.
You can find out more about this service by following the links below.
- Please choose Eastern Services if you live in this area or if your care usually falls under a team based at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) or a related community setting
- Please choose Northern Services if you live in this area or if your care usually falls under a team based at the North Devon District Hospital or a related community setting
If you are unsure which branch of our service to contact, please speak to your GP or health care professional.