NHS England non executive directors visit Devon
27 Jul 2022
Devon was pleased to welcome NHS England’s chair, Sir Richard Meddings CBE, and fellow non-executive directors to the county today for a tour of some of its many services.
The visit was a chance to provide a realistic view of Devon’s challenges and opportunities, showcase the good work already underway, and look at future plans.
The tour included:
- The NHS Nightingale Hospital Exeter
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust’s plans for a new emergency department
- The new short-term care centre in Plymouth
- Plans for a peninsula electronic patient record
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust including Torbay Pharmaceuticals
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust’s mother and baby unit
- Visiting the Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust to hear about Eastern Devon’s voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector work to support refugees and asylum seekers
Thank you to all the staff and people across the county who were involved.