NHS Supported Patient Transport
Call 0345 155 1009 (local rate call charges apply)
- You are currently too unwell to use a car or public or community transport
- You need skilled help to leave you home
- You require extra support on the journey
- You can call the Patient Transport Advice Service on 0345 155 1009* Local rate call charges apply.
- Patients are encouraged to book between 2 weeks and 48 hours ahead of their appointment.
- Patients will be asked a set of questions to assess their eligibility each time they book.
- If appointments are cancelled or changed make sure travel plans are also changed.
- If you wish to appeal against a decision, please ask to speak to the service manager.
Help with health costs
- On a tight budget?
- Need help with health costs?
Prescription Charges - Travel Costs - Eye Tests - Dental Charges
You may qualify for help with health costs if you and your family receive:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Working or Child Tax Credit - NHS Exemption Certificate
- Universal Credit (not all claimants, check on www.nhs.uk)
- Low Income Certificate*
*Low Income Certificate - eg. you may be eligible if you are receiving Personal
Independence Payments, a small private pension or if you are a student or carer
with savings under £16,000. To apply, ask for form HC1 at any hospital, job
centre, dentist or opticians.
For more help call Help with Health Costs on 0300 330 1343
For any other NHS concerns contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Tel 01392 674 806 or 0300 123 1672
Text 07789 741 099 Email PALS.Devon@nhs.net